Recipes from Executive Chef Chris Faessen
Jul 21, 2015
Zucchini Honey Walnut Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup honey
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil, honey, lemon juice, zucchini.
- Mix wet ingredients to dry ingredients, add nuts, and fold together.
- Bake in 2 regular loaf pans sprayed with nonstick spray for approx. 1 hour or until the tester comes out clean.
Summer Peach, Cambozola, and Honey Crostini
1 French baguette cut into ½ slices
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
2 peaches, pitted and cut into thin slices
8 oz cambazola cheese
Approx. 2 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sliced baguettes on sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season the baguettes with the salt and pepper. Bake for 7-10 minutes till the baguettes are lightly browned and crisp. Take out of oven and arrange the peach slices over the crostini about 2-3 slices per piece. Divide the cheese into pieces and arrange on top of the peaches and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and the peaches have softened. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey. Serve warm or at room temperature.